Oil particle counting and analysis are effective methods to prevent the failure of gearboxes and bearings.
Every rotating machine is subject to wear due to friction. Friction first produces very small particles, then the number increases until the final particle size increases. The number of particles provides valuable information about the condition of the machine and the degree of wear. By monitoring not only the number of particles, but also the size of the particles, wear information can be obtained at a very early stage.
WEARSCANNER with smart sensor, according to ISO 16232 standard
Electrically detect conductive particles in lubricants,
Real-time counting and size classification. It automatically transmits the measurement data to the factory control system via ModBus and/or directly to the operator or service center via the online condition monitoring system. The changes in the number and size of detected particles observed during trend monitoring enable operators to detect progressive damage to gear teeth or roller bearings early.
WEARSCANNER uses a patented method based on the eddy current principle to detect particles, and is not limited by oil temperature, flow rate, viscosity, air and water content, or oil color (darkening). In this way, it can also detect very slowly moving particles.
advantage: 1. Detect the wear of bearings and gear teeth by monitoring the particles in the lubricating oil
2. According to ISO standards, wear particles are calculated and classified by size, and accurately indicate the type of equipment problem
3. The measurement is not limited by oil temperature, flow rate, viscosity, air and water content, or oil color (darkening).
4. Identify ferrite and non-ferrite particles and slow-moving particles
5. Easy to integrate in the control system/PLC
6. Internal storage of measurement data for up to 150 days